Link: Comic 74
Title: the Pandarian Encounter - by JUSTAS!
Date: May 16, 2005
Summary: Captain Steve starts an intergalactic war with the Pandarians.
"Fin" style: "Probably not to be continued..."
Number of panels: 13
A view of a spaceship shaped like Steve.
Steve: "Captain's Log, Stardate 17562.8
The USS Stevenprise has been ordered to investigate a distress call from an unidentified vessel near the Goblinean Neutral Zone"
Botemota: "The ship is now in visual range, Captain."
Steve: "Open hailing frequencies."
Botemota: "Opening hailing frequencies..."
Steve: "On screen."
A shot of the viewscreen, showing the Pandarian captain, holding a bamboo stick.
Steve: "NO!!! Could they really be..."
Close-up on Steve's face.
Steve: "...the Pandarians?!!"
Steve: "FIRE THE FRUITON TORPEDOES!!!!"
Beavock: "Sir, wait!!"
Steve: "What is it, Beavock?"
Beavock: "Not only would it be highly illogical, sir, but the Pandarians are also an endangered species... it would be illegal to harm them!"
Beavock and Steve stare at each other.
Steve pushes the firing button with a BREAK LAW! onomatopoeia.
A view of the front of the spaceship, shooting out a banana, a pineapple and an apple.
[Probably not to be continued...]
- The spoofed Star Trek uniforms are from different eras.
- It is not clear what the Pandarians' distress call is about, nor why the Stevenprise has to be ordered to investigate the distress call.
- The episode is indeed continued in Comic 199.
- The entire episode is a big Star Trek reference:
- The USS Stevenprise is a spoof on the USS Enterprise.
- Steve is wearing a uniform similar to those worn in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Emotibot looks like Data.
- The fruiton torpedoes are a spoof on photon torpedoes.
- Beavock is a spoof on Spock.
- The Goblinean Neutral Zone is a spoof on the Romulan Neutral Zone.