Link: Comic 288
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: it's all relative - part 4
Date: June 22, 2007
Summary: Steve finishes his black hole and unwittingly destroys his birthday party.
Number of panels: 7
Steve: "Hmm.. insert tab P into slot Q..."
Steve FIDDLEs, ADJUSTs, and finally CLICK!s something while reading a page of instructions.
Steve: "There, finished!"
The black hole SWIRL!s.
Steve: "Now to see if it works..."
Beaver comes in holding a cake.
Beaver: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE! See – waiting a week wasn't so hard, was it?"
Steve: "Oh no Beaver, the time just flew by...hee hee!"
The black hole begins to suck the cake in with a FWWIIII...
The cake disappears with a ..IIIIP!
Steve's friends (The Shoe Bear, Mr & Mrs Condiment, Blimpy, Prince Pup and Signor Mysterioso) appear.
Steve's Friends: "SURPRISE!"
The Shoe Bear: "Hey Steve! All your friends are here for a surprise party! Happy..."
Steve's Friends get sucked into the black hole.
The Shoe Bear: "Birthdaaaaaaaaay"
Steve: "I think I might have noticed a slight flaw in my plan."
- Neither Beaver nor Steve appear to be affected at all by the black hole's gravity.
- The time dilation effect stops immediately once Steve's birthday arrives, even though nothing has been changed about the black hole.
- Steve has only one candle on his cake.
- Steve does have friends besides Beaver and Emotibot.
- Prince Pup is the only one of Steve's friends not to have a gift for him.