Link: Comic 278
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: Google of the mind
Date: May 8, 2007
Summary: Steve surfs the imaginary Internet.
"Fin" style: Fin.com
Number of panels: 9
Steve: "Can I use the computer Beaver?"
Beaver: "Not now Steve, I'm doing some very important work."
Steve: "But I need to go on the Internet! To surf!"
Beaver: "But Steve, you're already connected to an even better sort of Internet..."
Steve: "I...I am??"
Beaver: "The Internet of your IMAGINATION!"
Steve: "Well, I guess it's worth a try..."
Beaver is looking at a "Rate My Casserole" website.
Beaver: "Ooh that one's a 4!"
A thought bubble with "imaginary Google" pops out of Steve's head.
Steve imagines "steve" is typed out in the search field and the imaginary mouse cursor CLICKY!s on the imaginary "I feel lucky" button.
Steve's thought bubble shows "loading..."
Steve: "Stupid slow imaginary dial-up..."
Steve's thought bubble shows "Latest News: Steve is the COOLEST / it's official!"
Steve: "Great Scott! The No. 1 result in Google is an article about how cool I am! This is the proudest moment of my entire life!"
Steve's thought bubble shows "Monkeyssmokingpipes.com" over the picture of a monkey smoking a pipe.
Steve: "Imaginary Internet you are the best!"
- Beaver pushed the computer mouse off the side of the desk between the third and fourth frames.
Creator's note: That stupid mouse is always getting in the way. I usually throw it on the floor myself between panels 3 and 4.
- James had to ask his girlfriend what the colors of Google were.
Creator's note: she is a 'hot tamale'
- Both Beaver and Steve are either right-handed or ambidextrous. Beaver can type with six fingers total (and not "pecking" at the keyboard, one finger at a time).
Creator's note: lefties are not to be trusted.
- Beaver and Steve share a computer.
Creator's note: Steve has his own computer, but it is full of jam.
- Monkeyssmokingpipes.com exists, but is unfortunately not what you'd think.
Creator's note: It was registered by a reader after I made the comic. Diabolical!
- Beaver and Steve live in the United States, since google.co.uk has a UK under Google, whereas the US Google site has no such addition.
Creator's note: FALSE: Beaver and Steve live in New Malden. The 'UK' did not appear because it is imaginary google, which has the word 'imaginary' above the word 'google' instead.
- The caret is improperly shown in the search field. The caret is only sideways in a DOS prompt; in Windows the caret is shown as an I-beam.
Creator's note: imaginary internet has a horizontal caret. Because it is imaginary.