Link: Comic 239
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: ex-stinked - part 2
Date: November 17, 2006
Summary: Beaver and Steve make a desperate escape from the zombie dinosaurs!
"Fin" style: Written with dinosaur bones.
Number of panels: 8
Beaver and Steve are chased by zombie dinosaurs.
Steve: "Quick Beaver! To the time machine!"
Beaver: "This is a highly disagreeable situation."
Beaver SCOOT!s along at a brisk pace, trying to keep up with Steve.
Beaver and Steve arrive at a 1960s sci-fi style round red TIME-O-POD.
Beaver: "We're here - But we'll never get the machine started before the zombie dinosaurs catch us!"
Steve: "Don't worry Beaver I brought along my newest invention for just such an evtuality..."
Steve: "My FOSSILIZATION RAY!"
Steve: "It will turn their bones to solid rock, making it impossible for them to move!"
Steve fires the ray gun at the dinosaurs with a WUM!
The dinosaurs immediately begin to FOSSILIZE! and LAPIDIFY!
Steve: "Of course, the effects are only temporary..."
Beaver: "Oh no! How long have we got?"
Steve: "Only about 65 million years."
Beaver: "We'd better hurry!"
Beaver and Steve are now seated snugly within the Time-o-Pod.
Steve: "Flux Capacitor charged and ready..."
Beaver: "Wait a minute! This isn't the time machine we came in..."
The antennae on top of the Time-o-Pod begin to SPIN! while the machine VIBRATEs and RATTLEs with energy.
Steve: "No time to be picky! Initiating Tipler Cylinder Nudge..."
The Time-o-Pod disappears with a WORRNK!
Future Scientist: "Um... oh dear"
[About 65 million years later...]
Steve: "We made it! And with absolutely no unforseen reprocussions whatsoever!"
Beaver: "Hmm... but somehow I can't shake the feeling we're forgetting something..."
Steve: "Gadzooks! You're right!"
Steve: "I left my sandwiches in the cretaceous era! No!"
The fossilized remains of dinosaurs CRAASH! and SMASH! through the doors of a natural history museum, causing the patrons to PANIC and FLEE!
Museum Patron: "Aah! The re-animated skeletons of zombified dinosaurs! My greatest fear!"
- Steve retrieves a Fossilization Ray from the Time-o-Pod, claiming it to be his latest invention. Since Beaver and Steve flee in a different time machine than the one they came in, the ray gun is actually stolen from someone in the future, just like so many of Steve's other "inventions".
- On the wall of the museum are some stone face-like designs. From left to right they are: A cat; A monkey who is frowning; A fish facing stage right; A fish facing stage left; and Count Dracula.
- The line "This is a highly disagreeable situation" originates from Comic 100.
- The line "Aah! The re-animated skeletons of zombified dinosaurs! My greatest fear!" is a reference to the line "Aaah! A giant cockroach with a persecution complex... My greatest fear!" in Comic 59.
- The Flux capacitor is a reference to a time machine component in the Back to the Future movies.