Link: Comic 233
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: coma-geddon - part 4
Date: October 27, 2006
Summary: Rupert T. Roach explains the Etiquette of a Time Paradox.
"Fin" style: In place of number 9 on a clock
Number of panels: 6
Past Beaver: "Ok, but if you're my future self, shouldn't my recovery prevent you from ever having travelled back in time and causing Steve to awaken me in the first place?"
Future Beaver BLUSH!es.
Future Beaver: "Oh No! I've created a paradox!"
Future Beaver: "...How embarassing!"
Steve: "Some people!"
Rupert T. Roach: "Indeed! T'would seem our erstwhile hero has committed a most grevious temporal faux-pas! The indignity!"
Rupert T. Roach: "In order that you, esteemed reader should not fall afoul of such shameful gaucherie, I will now endeavour to instruct you in the age-old rules of TIME-TRAVEL ETIQUETTE."
Rupert T. Roach (Narrating): "1) When traversing in either direction in the temporal continuum the considerate traveller will always pause to consider the possible paradoxical consequences of his or her actions."
A future Steve is shooting a laser beam at a present Steve with a KA-ZAP!
Future Steve: "Killing my past self is the only way to save the future!"
A Steve from the past INTERCEPT!s the laser beam to save the present Steve.
Past Steve: "Noo! My future-self is the only one who can save the past!"
Past Steve: "AKH!"
Present Steve: "...I'm not even going to try to work this one out."
Rupert T. Roach (Narrating): "2) It is presumptuous to be overly familiar with one's past or future self. Just because you are constructed from the same matter is no excuse for impropriety."
Future Beaver is trying to high-five Past Beaver.
Future Beaver: "Hey, Past-Me, high-five!"
Past Beaver: "At what point in the future do I learn those manners?"
Rupert T. Roach (Narrating): "3) And finally, in the case of universal implosion always be polite to the creator."
Steve: "...They just have these stupid black eyes and they eat bamboo all day. I mean, seriously, what were you thinking?"
The Creator looks annoyed.
The Creator: "Well how many space-time continua have you created lately?"
Rupert T. Roach: "So there you have it: Just follow these simple rules and you shall find yourself welcomed to any social gathering throughout eternity!"
Future Cyborg Rupert (with an electronic monocle and one metallic claw): "Capital!"
- The creator has three heads... Maybe that's why life is so confusing?
- Rupert T. Roach is a trans-dimensional being.
- Explanation for Panel 3:
- The one with the laser is Future Steve
- The one that he wanted to shoot is the Present Steve.
- The intercepting one is the Past Steve.
- The Future Steve says "Past-self" while the Past Steve says "Future-self". They're both talking about the one on the right. The comment from Rupert is that if the previous of three gets killed in the future when traveling to it, the present and the future one will dissapear, thusly causing a universal implosion. AGAIN.
- It's interesting to notice that the past Beaver didn't have any ways to know that, by his recovery, the Future Beaver would never have travelled in time.
- Steve's complaint to The Creator is another example of proof for his hatred of Pandas.