|Line 88:||Line 88:|
Latest revision as of 08:01, 8 January 2008
Link: Comic 229
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Date: October 13, 2006
Summary: Beaver and Steve go on a nature hike, and meet some wild bears.
"Fin" style: "F" and "N" are a mother and baby bear, with a pink "I" in the middle, with panic lines
Number of panels: 11
Beaver (with a backpack) and Steve are walking through a forest, and come across some bears.
Beaver: "Ah, there's nothing like a nice walk in the forest to make one appreciate the tranquil majesty of nature!"
Steve: "Oh no! Look Beaver! Bears!"
Beaver: "Don't worry Steve, we'll be quite safe as long as we don't get between the mother bear and her cub."
Steve: "Hmm... Really?"
Steve runs up to the mother bear, and NYAHH!s at her, though she doesn't react at all.
Steve TOOT TOOTs a bugle at the bear while holding up ansign. The bear continues to ignore him.
Zoom out a little, so that the cub is visible as well.
Steve climbs up on a stool and puts some glasses and a small dunce cap on the mother bear, who still doesn't make a move.
Zoom out more, now showing Beaver, Steve, and the two bears. Steve is faced right but his eyes are pointed left, at Beaver.
Steve: "Well, I guess you were right, Beaver"
Steve's eyes turn to the bears.
Steve walks around to the right hand side and LIFT!s the bear cub.
Steve walks back to the left hand side, on the far side of Beaver, and DROP!s the cub on that side.
A dotted line points out that Beaver is now between the bear and her cub, and the mother bear GRRRRR...s at Beaver angrily.
Beaver (in small text): "Oh dear"
Steve winces as the bears ROAR!, and Beaver goes AAAH! as the bears MAUL! and REND! him offpanel. Beaver shouts out about MY DUODENUM! as well.
Steve: "Ah, the tranquil majesty of nature..."
- The ground in this comic was not originally intended to be covered in snow as James had not got around to finishing the grass due to a migraine.
- After a long, hard fight with the fanbase (or more like two forum posts and James agreeing to doing less work ), he agreed not to finish the comic as originally intended and leave the snow.
- You will be quite safe from mother bears so long as you do not get between them and their cubs.
- Bears either cannot read, or do not mind people proclaiming that all bears are sissies.
- The duodenum is the first and shortest portion of the small intestine.