|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 04:32, 7 July 2007
Link: Comic 221
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: the revenge of the SHOE GOBLIN - part 13
Date: September 15, 2006
Summary: The Shoe Goblin's Earth shoeing doesn't work!
Number of panels: 7
The Shoe Goblin laughs maniacally, waiting for the shoe to launch.
Shoe Goblin: "HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!"
Shoe Goblin: "HEE HEE ... HEH ... HMM"
Shoe Goblin: "It - It be jammed! But I built this entire space station to exactly fit and deliver a size 6 billion shoe. Ten long years o' work spent getting it exactly right - How can it possibly be jammed?"
Steve: "Oh wait - Did you want a U.S size 6 billion or a European size 6 billion...?"
The Shoe Goblin is emanating GOBLIN RAGE whilst his hat JING JINGs.
Shoe Goblin: "WHAT? I... A THOUSAND CURSES UPON YE, AND YER INCONSISTENT FOOTWEAR SIZING SYSTEMS!"
Beaver: "Well, um, I think we'd better be going now..."
Steve: "I told you you should have tried it on first..."
Beaver: "What a relief to have everything turn out alright for a change, eh Steve?..."
Voice from off screen: "Psst!"
Beaver: (off screen) "It's certainly nice not to have any unexpected plot twist to deal with! Ho Ho!"
Voice: "Hey steve! Over here!"
Beaver: "Now let's go home and have some tea!"
Steve looks at the source of the voice, which is a talking button on a platform just like the shoe button was.
There's a sign on the wall:
and one on the platform as well:
The button: "Hi there Steve..."
The button: "Want to try something really fun..?"
[To be contd.]
- The Shoe Goblin refers to the shoe size 6 billion and a half without mentioning the half.
- It appears that, ten years ago, the Shoe Goblin already knew that Steve would use the computer with unwashed hands and therefore he would have conjunctivitis and want revenge.
- Interestingly, in the past, not only were shoe sizes different in the US and Europe (as now), but the number "billion" had a different meaning - its former meaning in Europe was one million million, not one thousand million.
- Why do every spaceship have a self destruct option? And what about the Â£20 penalty?
- Shoe size measurements vary in different countries.