|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 09:37, 13 July 2007
Link: Comic 219
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: the revenge of the SHOE GOBLIN - part 11
Date: September 8, 2006
Summary: The Shoe Goblin explains just why he intends to Shoe the Earth.
Number of panels: 6
Beaver and the Shoe Goblin are talking, Shoe Goblin takes off his space helmet.
Beaver: "But that's awful! Why would you want to do such a thing?"
Shoe Goblin: "As revenge... for what happened to me eye!..."
The Shoe Goblin narrates as we see him at the computer, typing with a TYPETY-TYPE!. The screen reads "BLOG O' SHOES" and an image of a shoe can be seen.
Shoe goblin (narrating): "It took place one night as I was working 'pon an ancient repository o' arcane knowledge..."
Shoe Goblin (in flashback): "Aye..."
The Shoe Goblin is seen YAWNing as Slumber Pixies float around spreading Z's on him while the Shoe Goblin RUB RUBs his eyes.
Shoe Goblin (narrating): "The hour was late, and the Slumber Pixies were spreading their dust in me eyes..."
Shoe Goblin (narrating): "Little did I realise the trap that had been set..."
Shoe Goblin (narrating): "For I was not the only one to use the keyboard that day... some unknown fiend had been there afore me..."
Steve is seen sitting at the same computer with dirty hands, presumably covered in self-made peanutbutter as the screen reads "PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES.COM".
Shoe Goblin (narrating): "A fiend with...
Beaver: "Oh gosh! You mean.."
Shoe Goblin: "Aye..."
The Shoe Goblin LIFTs the eye piece from his face...
Shoe Goblin: "...I have... conjunctivitis!"
The eye piece is removed and a pink eye is visible.
Shoe Goblin: "That is why the Earth must be made to feel my shoe-based wrath!..."
Shoe Goblin: "Well that and the fact that I just really like shoeing things."
[To be contd.]
- The Blog O' Shoes is real!
- To quote James Turner, "You probably don't realise, but Beaver and Steve is actually an entirely TRUE STORY, and now I have conclusive proof: Shoe Goblin's Blog! It's all gone a bit meta. If you have a look around you might even find another familiar character. Oh! Suprises!"
- The 'another familiar character' is Emotibot, who is friends with the Shoe Goblin on MySpace, even though they have never met in the comic.
- Curiously, Steve and the Shoe Goblin share a computer.
- The Shoe Goblin clearly was not really doing what he claims.
- The Shoe Goblin can take off his helmet in space?
- The Shoe Goblin not only has conjunctivitis, his left eye is also apparently lazy.
- Conjunctivitis (commonly called "pinkeye") is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids), often due to infection. It may also be caused by adenoviruses.