Link: Comic 209
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: the revenge of the SHOE GOBLIN - part 2
Date: August 4, 2006
Summary: The Shoe Goblin attempts to purchase a shoe, but his plans are foiled!
Number of panels: 7
Steve TAP TAPs on a form.
Steve: "OK, just sign here and the shoes are all yours!"
Shoe Goblin: "And then my revenge can begin! Ha ha ha!"
Steve: "Sorry, what was that?"
Shoe Goblin: "Oh, I was, uh.. Just clearing my throat"
Steve SNATCHes the form away again.
Steve: "Wait a minute... You're not the Shoe Goblin are you?"
Shoe Goblin: "Who me? O-of course not..."
There are two posters on the walls, reading
And half a poster that reads
Shoe Goblin: (in the exact same pose as his picture, even with the same sweat drops on his forehead) "No no, I be, uh... The Glove Elf!"
Shoe Goblin: "Aye, I be just loving gloves"
Shoe Goblin: "Especially the, uh, fingers"
Steve: "OK, just checking! Here you go."
Beaver: "Hey Steve, how's it going?"
Steve: "Hi Beaver! I'm just dealing with this customer who is definitely not the Shoe Goblin."
Steve: "Could you pass me his credit card?"
The Shoe Goblin SIGN SIGNs the form.
Beaver is about to PASS the card to Steve.
Beaver: "Sure thing Steve! Hee hee! I'm certainly glad it's not the Shoe Goblin! Imagine the trouble we'd be in if..."
Beaver: "But wait!"
Beaver: "This card... The name is S.Goblin!"
Beaver POINTs at the badge on the Shoe Goblins chest.
Beaver: "And look! His badge says 'I be totally the Shoe Goblin'!"
Beaver: "It is the Shoe Goblin!"
Shoe Goblin: "Curse ye and yer clever ways! But this game be not over yet!"
[To be contd.]
- Shoe stores don't serve the Shoe Goblin and Bigfoot.
- The Shoe Goblin is a member of the Shoe Bank, his credit card number is 5403 5403 5403 5403 and expires in October 2007.
- If you turn each number around 180 degrees, it would resemble "ShOE ShOE ShOE ShOE".
- At this shoe store, you have to sign a contract to buy shoes.
- However, the contract might only be required when purchasing extraordinarily large shoes, such as ones whose mere weight could destabilise the planet's orbit when improperly handled.