Link: Comic 186
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: baking up trouble - part 4
Date: June 2, 2006
Summary: Beaver & Steve travel far through many dangers to get to the Archaeopteryx.
Number of panels: 6
Picture showing Beaver WADE'ing throught swamp, and Steve following with only the top of his head visible.
A frog with a prince's crown is sitting nearby.
Beaver and Steve SWING! with a rope over a hole full of ten pandas MEW'ing and stretching up to them.
Beaver CLIMB's up a cliffside with Steve hanging on a rope tied to him.
Beaver & Steve reach the top and see the silhuette of the Archaeopteryx.
Beaver: "Atlast! We've reached the home of the world's most incalculably wise individual: The Archaeopteryx."
Beaver: "I wonder what juicy wriggling grubs of knowledge he will feed into the gaping maw of our minds today?"
Picture showing a green and slightly crazy-looking Archaeopteryx KAAA!'ing loudly.
Beaver: "It is truly humbling to be in the presence of such stupefying wisdom..."
Steve: "I am going back to the swamp."
[To be contd.]
- The archaeopteryx is apparently not extinct.
- Pandas are a dangerous trap that one must avoid in order to get to an archaeopteryx.
- Beaver now seems to be the... Brainless one. Hopefully, for Steve's sake, he's once more correct... Though he WAS wrong about the Just Pugs calendar.
- There apears to be an elephant wearing a hat in the back of the 3rd panel.
- There IS a tenth panda cub, though it is hard to see.
- The Archaeopteryx is a real pre-historic bird.