Link: Comic 174
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: you've got mail - part 1
Date: April 21, 2006
Summary: Steve unleashes the computer ghosts.
Number of panels: 6
Steve's using a computer and CLICK!s.
Steve: "Oh boy! Someone sent me an email!"
Steve: "And it has an attachment too - this must be my lucky day! I'll just open it up..."
The computer shakes menacingly with a RRRRR!
Steve: "Hmm... looks like I've got a computer virus..."
The computer starts OOZEing from the back.
Ghosts start coming out of the screen.
Steve: "Oh no! The virus opened a portal into the phantom realm!"
Ghost 1: "Wooooooah..."
Ghost 2: "V111AAAGRAA..."
Steve: "Beaver is going to be so cross!"
Beaver comes along.
Beaver: "Hey Steve, can I use the computer for a bit?"
Steve: "Uh, no, I'm using it to, um... write my Harry Potter/Star Wars cross-over fanfiction..."
The ghosts GROPE!, CLAW! and REACH! on Steve.
Ghost: "Freee usss..."
Beaver: "Oh! You write that too? You must let me read it!"
Beaver: "I just knew I couldn't be the only one to see Harry's potential as a Jedi!"
[To be cont'd]
- James Turner's comments from the site news:
"I can't believe no one saw this before:
Slitherin = Sith
Gryffindor = Jedis
Hufflepuff = Ewoks
Raven Claw = uh, Han Solo or something."
- In the comments section, James referred to the ghosts as Spam Phantoms.
- When recieving a computer virus, Spam Phantoms will come out of your screen.
- Steve doesn't have much knowledge about the danger about opening attachements in emails... :P
- One of the phantoms is saying "viagra".
- More from the comments:
Brent: Dude, Ravenclaw is the Rebel Alliance
eruditebaboon: Of course! And Dumbledore is just Yoda with better sentence construction.
Strokend: ...Yeah, I guess that's true! But then, who's Hagrid? Edit: Whoa, somebody wrote 'Beaver' in the caption instead of 'Steve'!
- Harry Potter is a very successfull book series by J. K. Rowling.
- Star Wars is a classic sci-fi movie series by George Lucas.
- "V1AGRA" is a common way spammers use to disguise the word "viagra" in spam mail, in order to make them through the spam blockers.
- There is green slime oozing from the computer in panel 3, forming into a puddle as seen in panel 6, this may be snot, referring to the fact that the common cold is also a virus.