|Line 78:||Line 78:|
Revision as of 10:04, 6 June 2006
Link: Comic 170
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: Beaver and Steve go on holiday - part 8
Date: April 7, 2006
Summary: Things don't go as planned in the museum
Number of panels: 6
Beaver: "Oh wow, this museum is so interesting!"
Steve: "Yes this is the most interesting door and hammer I have ever seen."
Steve: "I.E. : SUPER BORING"
Pixie Guide: "Tee Hee! But these are no ordinary door and hammer! They are both extremely magical! Would you like to hear their stroy?"
Steve: "Absolutely not....[cut off]"
Beaver: "Oh! Yes please!"
In speech bubble (with illustrations.)
Pixie Guide: "Tee Hee! Well it all began 1000 years ago: The mean old Gremlin King unhappy with his kingdoms stink production, built this magical doorway between Gremlinopolis and Pixies Land... Tee Hee!"
Gremlin King: "More Stink!"
Pixie Slave: "Yuck! Tee Hee!"
Pixie: "The naughty gremlins invaded! They captured all the pixies and took them to Gremlinopolis to work in the stink mines. Pee-oo! This wasn't much fun! So the king of the pixies used all of his remaining pixie power to create two magical artifacts: the 'Pretty Flower Hamer' to drive the gremlins out of Pixies Land, and the 'Lovely Lock' to seal the doorway forver!"
Pixies King: "Tee Hee!"
Beaver: "So the door can never be opened again?"
Pixie Guide: "Well in theory the lock could be smashed with the hammer, and without any remaining pixies power it could never be re-sealed... Now i think about it, it's probably not really a good idea to keep them in the same room..Tee Hee! But them i'm sure no one would..."
Pixie Guide: "Oh."
Beaver: "I'm very disappointed in you Steve..."
Gremlin King: "Hullo"
Beaver: "I thought we'd agreed: No more running gags."
Beaver: "We should probably go..."
Steve: "But we haven't even been to the gift shop!"
Gremlin King (to pixie): "So tell me... ... Have you ever considered a career in stink extraction?"
[To be contd.]
- According to James:
- "Stink is both the unit of currency and the national delicacy of Gremlinopolis."
- When asked why the gremlins didn't just make another doorway, he said "They already used up all their gremlin power."
- The lovely lock can be smashed with the pretty flower hammer.
- Pixies underestimate Steve
- Gremlins are quite polite invaders
- Gremlins produce stink as a natural resource
- In Comic 159, Steve also ends up opening a door and allowing evil creatures into the world. Which is what Beaver is probably referring to with "No more running gags".
- Also, in Comic 80, Steve apparently resurrects Count Dracula by touching the wooden stake while Beaver looks for the holy water.
- In Comic 151, Steve says "I'm very disappointed with you Beaver", which also might be a running gag.