Link: Comic 164
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: Beaver and Steve go on holiday - part 2
Date: March 17, 2006
Summary: Steve takes his first "plane" flight.
Number of panels: 7
Beaver and Steve are climbing the steps to their plane.
Beaver: "So Steve, are you nervous about your first flight?"
Steve: "Pscha! I am afraid of nothing!"
Impressive! Good job, go on! Other great resource <a href="http://online-gambling-b.blogspot.com/">Online Gambling</a> <a href="http://online-poker-game.blogspot.com/">Online Poker</a> [url=http://online-gambling-b.blogspot.com/]Online Gambling[/url] [url=http://online-poker-game.blogspot.com/]Online Poker[/url] thank you!
Beaver and Steve take their seats inside the plane. Steve has a GLOOP-y substance stuck to his hand, and a THROB!ing artery can be seen in the foreground.
Flight Attendant: "Here are your seats, enjoy your flight! Tee Hee!"
Beaver: "So what do you think of the inside of your first plane?"
Steve: "It's a little more... mucussy than I imagined..."
A sign above the cockpit door reads "No smoking." Another sign reads "No spells."
Steve: "I felt a bump! The wings have fallen off! We're going to crash! We're going to crash!"
Beaver: "We haven't taken off yet..."
Flight Attendant: (demonstrates) "...And in the event of an emergency please use the pixie dust under your seat to wish yourself to safety..."
Air Controller: "Flight PGN01, you are cleared for take-off!"
Air Controller: "Tee-Hee!"
Beaver: "Settle down Steve, people do this every day. It's really quite safe."
Pigeon PEK!s the ground.
Air Controller: "Hm.."
Steve: "Actually I guess this isn't so bad after all..."
Flight attendant: "Shooo!"
Pigeon takes off, FLAPP!ing its wings and COOO!ing.
Steve: "Ooh - Free peanuts!"
- Pixies often fly inside pigeons.
- It's a good thing Steve isn't afraid of anything, or else he'd be even more afraid of flying than he acually is.
- Even though the service appears to be very good inside a pigeon, you have to put up with it being ever so slightly mucussy.
- The pixie flight attendant has to use magic to turn on the microphone, do they not use technology at all?
- Beaver loves peanuts and is easily distracted.
- The pigeon was first seen in Steve's dream in Comic 135.
- The giant pigeon is probably a reference to passenger pigeons, a bird species that was hunted to extinction.