Link: Comic 151
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Title: Sock it to me - part 3
Date: January 30, 2006
Summary: Grublarr and his Monster friend find out what Beaver and Steve truly are: NOT socks!
Onomatopoeias used: None
Number of panels: 3
Beaver and Steve are surrounded by two green, slimy, three-eyed slime monsters.
Steve: "W-we are...?"
Grublarr: (kindly) "Oh! In that case I'm sorry that we bothered you! Please go about your socky business."
Other Monster: (holding 'Socks User Manual') "Wait Grublarr, we should check the reference manual first..."
Close up on 'Socks User Manual' where you can see 'FIGURE 1: SOCKS' and a picture of a sock, and on the other page 'FIGURE 2: NOT SOCKS' with a picture of Beaver, Steve, a bee and a windmill.
Monster2: "Let's see now... Oh my!"
Monster2: "They are not socks at all!"
Monster1: "You lied to us? For shame! Take them to the detention centre!"
Steve: "I'm very disappointed in you Beaver."
[To be Cont'd.]
- Beaver is a liar.
- Aliens who steal left socks are not very bright, but very polite nonetheless.
- Socks often do not come with a manual at all.
- In Panels 2 and 3, we can see Gruglarr clearly has more than two 'arms.' However, The other alien appears not to have extra arms.
- In the Socks User Manual, Beaver and Steve are shown in the exact positions that they appear to be standing in at the time the alien checks their sockiness-status.
- Beavers, lizards, bees and windmills are NOT SOCKS