Link: Comic 10
Translations: http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Finnishflag.png Finnish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/52/Frenchflag.png French, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/5/57/Polishflag.png Polish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/0/04/Danishflag.png Danish, http://www.beaverandsteve.com/wiki/images/7/79/Italianflag.gif Italian
Date: September 29, 2004
Summary: Beaver and Steve play scrabble with ninjas.
"Fin" style: Scrabble. (6 points)
Number of panels: 4
Ninjas surround Beaver and Steve, ready to kill.
Beaver: "How on Earth did we get into this mess?"
Steve: "Quick! You distract them, I'll do a recap!"
IT ALL BEGAN WHEN...
Beaver and Steve are crouched around a Scrabble board. Steve is playing a tile.
Steve: "E.X.C.R.E.T.E. = 32 points."
A Ninja ambush occurs.
Steve: "Crap! Ninjas!"
Two of the three ninjas sit with Beaver and Steve at the board. Steve has glasses and a book: "Dictionary: A-Z of words"
Ninja: "'Qi'? You use 'Q' without 'U'! This is no word!"
Steve: "'Qi: The circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things.'"
Ninja: "Ngg! You play Scrabble with no honour!"
- First full-color BnS comic.
- Ninjas are, in fact, excellent Scrabble players.
- The Green Ninja can not be seen in the last panel because he is getting the pretzels (at least that's what James wants us to think. Another popular theory states that the green ninja was actually yelling at an intern about the consistency of his coffee at that time).
- Ninjas drink coffee, not tea.
- The Blue Ninja didn't have an arrow pointing at hm to say he was a ninja. Maybe he isn't.
- The Fin is worth 6 points.
- There is only one scrabble piece seen in this comic, not counting the FIN.
You can look up "excrete" in a dictionary.