Date: September 29, 2004
Summary: Beaver and Steve play scrabble with ninjas.
"Fin" style: Scrabble. (6 points)
Number of panels: 4
Ninjas surround Beaver and Steve, ready to kill.
Beaver: "How on Earth did we get into this mess?"
Steve: "Quick! You distract them, I'll do a recap!"
IT ALL BEGAN WHEN...
Beaver and Steve are crouched around a Scrabble board. Steve is playing a tile.
Steve: "E.X.C.R.E.T.E. = 32 points."
A Ninja ambush occurs.
Steve: "Crap! Ninjas!"
Two of the three ninjas sit with Beaver and Steve at the board. Steve has glasses and a book: "Dictionary: A-Z of words"
Ninja: "'Qi'? You use 'Q' without 'U'! This is no word!"
Steve: "'Qi: The circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things.'"
Ninja: "Ngg! You play Scrabble with no honour!"
- First full-color BnS comic.
- Steve would actualy get 82 points for his word, because his word is seven letters so it's plus 50 points. The fact that steve did not see this proves he is in fact no good at Math, and the fact that Beaver did not mention this fact proves that he is in fact dirty rotten cheater.
- Ninjas are, in fact, excellent Scrabble players.
- The Green Ninja can not be seen in the last panel because he is getting the pretzels (at least that's what James wants us to think. Another popular theory states that the green ninja was actually yelling at an intern about the consistency of his coffee at that time).
- Ninjas drink coffee, not tea.